The web seems to be part of everybody’s lives in some way or another with the advent of smart phones. Here’s some free hair salon advice to promote your salon on the web for free some you may already use some you may find helpful:-
- Get a google account and get your business listed on google maps you don’t need a website to do this just access to a web browser. Create a google account and follow the steps to google local.
- You can also make a google website through their service
- Claim your businesses place on foursquare this is a new social local networking service which is becoming increasingly more popular.
- Got facebook try adding custom apps for prize draws/competitions shortstack is a free service which allows you to do this (up to 2000 followers)
- Add the twitter box on your website just google twitter widget and find it under your account to display your latest tweets.
- To manage it all try hootsuite you can manage up to 4 social networking sites for free all in one place facebook, twitter, foursquare and linked in etc and there’s an app.
- There are lots of Free UK Business directories on the web also Hot UK deals and others offering free listings.
- Get found by google better make sure your websites pages all have a Meta Title and a Meta Description relevant to whats on the page and its different for all your sites pages.
Impact on Small Business – Facebook Search
Is currently in development in the US and soon in the UK basically it means people will be able to search on what business type there friends likes their favourite hair salons restaurants, shops and such like. It will also be able to offer which is the most liked business type in an area town city county. It will mean it will never be more important to have facebook likes.